Our fantastic OLED team has launched their ‘Get Up and Go!’ competition to help encourage students to get active every day.
We know that heading out into nature offers not only great physical benefit, but also supports good mental health. In today’s world of virtual learning and national lockdowns, time outside in the fresh air away from screens and sensory overload is crucial. Back in the first lockdown of spring and summer of 2020, we were blessed with good weather which certainly helped to motivate us to get outdoors. Fast forward to the present day and the cold, wet weather seems a little less inspiring.
However, with a prize draw of outdoor goodies worth over £500, ‘Get Up and Go!’ could be just the motivation you need!
To enter, all you have to do is email Mrs Cookson with a photo of you taking part in any outdoor activities. This can be anything you like, for example:
- Walking or hiking
- Den building in your garden.
Conservation work such as litter picking on the beach, making and filling bird feeders or taking part in the Big Garden Birdwatch (29th-31st January) also counts as well as pictures of items inspired by the outdoors:
- Art work, writing (poems or stories) and other crafts
- A book or magazine you read that was based on an outdoor adventure/activity including climbing and mountain biking
- Future adventure planning (route cards and research).
Prizes to be be won includes:
- An OEX two-person tent
- Two coasteering places courtesy of KA Kitesurf
- Two places on an activity of your choice with Adventure Northumberland
- Your choice of an activity session with Shorebase Trust
- 1 x Surf Lesson with Surf Northumberland
- A £25 Tynemouth Surf Co gift voucher to spend in the shop or use towards surf lessons
- A pair of Vaude ‘Darn Tough’ socks (there are 6x girls pairs and 6x boys pairs to be won).
Best of all you can enter as many times as you want. Mrs Cookson will add a raffle ticket with your name on it with every photo submission.
Winners will be pulled from the hat when lockdown finishes.